Statement of Professional Standing application guidance
When applying, you need to confirm:
- Your FCA Individual Reference Number (this is validated against the FCA Register)
- Which relevant FCA TC Appendix 1.1 activities you undertake
- Which appropriate qualification(s) you hold for activities they undertake (relevant CII qualifications are pre-populated)
- Your adherence to a declaration
Important notes regarding non-CII qualifications:
- CII framework credits are not issued as part of this process and can only be obtained through a CII recognition of prior learning application
- Members will not be eligible to use the DipPFS membership designation solely as a result of the SPS application process
Reminder: end of gap filling – 30th August 2021.
In November 2020, we announced that gap-filling would end as an option for financial advisers applying for a Statement of Professional Standing from the end of August this year. [https://www.cii.co.uk/news-insight/media/press-releases/articles/cii-ends-gap-filling-for-advisers/96393]
We have published a series of qs and as [https://www.thepfs.org/news-index/articles/cii-ends-gap-filling-for-advisers-qa/97514] for members about the end of gap-filling.
It is important to stress that the end of this option does not affect advisers who obtain an SPS via the gap filling route before the end of August 2021, including advisers who have already attained an SPS via this route.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.