Certifying supporting documentation
We understand that the shift to hybrid working working from home can make it challenging to have supporting documentation certified by colleagues. We accept a range of solutions, providing we can be satisfied the process for ensuring authenticity of the supporting documentation is robust. This includes the person certifying your supporting evidence as a true representation of the original confirming that they have inspected the original.
If you have previously shown a colleague the original (physical) documentation and they are happy to confirm this in an email and you include a copy of their email within the supporting evidence (graduation certificate and results transcript) that you upload into your on-line application, we would be pleased to consider this.
Colleagues eligible to certify your documentation could include, for example, your:
- L&D, HR or compliance team who may have taken a copy when you completed your qualification or commenced employment
- Manager or team members who have seen your original documentation
- Friends or colleagues who completed the qualification at the same time as you.
They must be current CII or Personal Finance Society members, solicitors or notaries. You may wish to refer to the CII member search tool or your HR team may be able to provide details of CII or Personal Finance Society members who work within your organisation.
We will accept:
- An electronic signature on the copies of the documents or
- An email / letter from the certifier, providing the letter are signed, dated and make specific reference to the documents certified. For example, it must state the awarding body, qualification awarded, graduation date, applicant’s name as it appears on the documents and any reference numbers of the documents. This email /letter must be uploaded within the application at the same time as the supporting evidence.
- An email from the certifier confirming the documents attached are true representations of the physical copies. This covering email must be uploaded within the application at the same time as the supporting evidence.
- An email from the awarding body confirming the documents attached are true representations of the physical copies. This covering email must be uploaded within the application at the same time as the supporting evidence.
We reserve the right to contact the person certifying the documentation and applicants expressly consent for the CII to contact any awarding body to verify the applicant’s qualification status.
If your non-CII qualification is awarded by a professional body and they require your express consent to disclose your personal details and qualification history to CII, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with appropriate wording to send to them. Please include your CII PIN number and details of the awarding body, qualification and the date you completed it.
Return to the Application process page for an example of correctly certified documentation.