Client Centre Assessment Accreditation
CII client centre assessment accreditation signifies the company has been recognised as a 'centre' to deliver assessments towards CII qualifications. Learners successfully completing these programmes are awarded CII qualification unit(s). This supports faster-track completion of CII qualifications through avoiding duplication of learning.
Accreditation is awarded where the centre meets the centre approval standards and the programme ands its assessments meet the centre-devised assessment approval standards for the CII qualification unit(s).
- A fast track and cost effective solution for employees to achieve professional qualifications - encouraging professionalism and supporting career development
- Reduces the time and cost associated with duplication of study
- Provides evidence of commitment to attaining industry-recognised standards which helps to meet customer needs
- Promotes and underpins best practice within an organisation or training team - encouraging innovation and excellence and promoting professionalism and
- Supports a structured development pathway for employees - assisting recruitment and retention
CII client centre assessment accreditation standards
These are contained within the Handbook (see document links).
Accreditation review fees (mandatory centre fees)*
The fees will reflect the scope of the work involved. This involves initial approvals and ongoing monitoring. Factors include the number of centre-devised assessments to be approved and whether the assessment questions are pre-approved within a question bank or new questions are created for each sitting. The fees are outlined in the table below.
|Level of CII unit awarded
|3 (Certificate) - one centre-devised assessment (question bank), up to six sittings per year
|3 (Certificate) - one centre-devised assessment (question bank), seven to twelve sittings per year
|4 (Diploma) - one centre-devised assessment (question bank, combination of multiple choice questions and constructed response questions), two sittings per year
|4 (Diploma) - one centre-devised assessment (question bank, combination of multiple choice questions and constructed response questions), three sittings per year
|6 (Advanced Diploma) - one centre-devised assessment (new questions for each sitting), two sittings per year
|6 (Advanced Diploma) - one centre-devised assessment (new questions for each sitting), three sittings per year
In the event that CII is required to carry out additional monitoring resulting from a shortfall in meeting the accreditation standards, this additional monitoring will be charged at £350 per day.
N.B. Accreditation is subject to annual review. The annual review fee is similar to the initial accreditation review fee, payable on an annual basis.
* The term ‘Mandatory Centre Fees’ is defined by our regulators, Ofqual, CCEA and Qualifications Wales, to create consistency between UK-based awarding organisations. A company, whose training programme is recognised in the CII qualification framework, is regarded as a ‘centre’ and the fees applicable for recognition are the ‘mandatory fees’.
Upon successful achievement
On successful achievement of client centre assessment accreditation CII offers the centre:
- A certificate signifying that the programme meets CII client centre assessment accreditation standards
- 'CII accredited' logo for use on collateral related to the accredited programme(s), e.g. attendance certificates
- The option of adding the accredited programme details to the CII website
- A written report highlighting the areas of good practice and development areas identified during the review
- Ongoing support with the development of the programme through annual reviews
- Assistance with publicising the successful achievement (internally and in the industry press)
- Successful candidates are awarded CII qualification units.
How to apply
Please contact CII Accreditation Services at email@example.com
This accreditation scheme operates from 1 September 2021. Please contact us for further details.