01 March 2012
25 October 2023
- Examinations are based on the published syllabus. Syllabuses are available free of charge on the CII website www.cii.co.uk or on request.
- Candidates will be examined on the basis of law and practice in England unless otherwise stated.
- The FA1 examination consists of 50 multiple choice questions (MCQs). 1 hour is allowed for this examination.
- The general rule is that the new tax year and changes arising from the Finance Act will be examined from 1 September each year. Other changes, not related to the Finance Act, will not be examined earlier than 3 months after they come into effect.
- Candidates must keep up to date with legislative and industry changes that occur.
The tax year 2023/2024 will be examined from 1 September 2023 until 31 August 2024.
Any relevant changes that may affect CII syllabuses or assessments will be announced on this page as they arise along with a date from when the changes will be assessed.
Financial Ombudsman Service Award Limit Change
Changes to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) award limits come into effect on 1 April 2023. Examinations will be reflective of these changes from 1 July 2023.
Changes to the Intestacy rules come into effect on 26 July 2023. Examinations will be reflective of these changes from 26 October 2023.